Ridan™ are an innovative eco company based in North Devon producing a range of composting machines to help you recycle your food waste into compost.
Which Ridan composter is right for me?
To decide which Ridan Composting machine is suitable for your site you must consider the following:
- How much food waste is being produced each week in litres? This can be measured using a bucket or container of known volume, then refer to the table below, the ‘Maximum Throughput’ refers to the volume of food waste in litres.
- Where the system can be positioned
- What you will do with the compost. Can it be spread on some grounds or gardens?
- Complete composting includes a maturation stage in maturation boxes, our ‘Ridan 900’ is ideal for this
- The ‘Maximum Throughput’ figure refers to food waste only, processing any less than this amount is fine.
*Please note: The maximum throughput refers to the maximum amount (in litres) of food waste that can be processed in your Ridan composter. This amount does not include the carbon (wood) materials. The figure quoted for the maximum throughout is the absolute maximum but the optimal amount is significantly less.
You do not have to fill the composter to the maximum or optimal amount. Small amounts can also be composted, just as long as the balance of food waste and wood are maintained.
Composting for commercial catering
The Ridan Pro System is designed for commercial use and can process up to 400ltrs (200KG) of food waste a week.
The Ridan Pro System Composter requires up to three Ridan 900 Maturation boxes.
|Specifications||Ridan Pro 200||Ridan Pro 400|
|Maximum Throughput||200 Litres per week||400 Litres per week|
|Unit Dimensions (meters)||2.4L x 1.0W x 1.5H||2.5L x 1.0W x1.6H|
|Unit Weight (empty)||60Kg||70Kg|
|Price of Ridan||£3950 plus vat||£4650 plus vat|
|Maturation Boxes||2 @ £480 each plus vat||3 @ £480 each plus vat|
Home composting machine
The Ridan Compost Box range are smaller composting machines designed for use at home or for small businesses. They come in two models. The Compost Box 4 (suitable for approx. 4 people) and the Compost Box 10 (suitable for up to ten people). The figures are based on an average production of food waste per week.